The app should allow the users to interact with the Client’s device and perform basic operations like turn the lights ‘On’ or ‘Off’ in different rooms of their house, without any need to leave the room using the mobile phone.
- Client was keen to explore and build an application with Oracle APEX to modernize a large scale, high profile enterprise application
- Client was wary after two failed attempts to build the website prior to V2, one in house and the other with a third party
- Client wished to up-grade the entire existing Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) for their worldwide operations so as to streamline various business processes
- Huge EBS licensing cost – over 250 licenses
- Regular requests for customization and maintenance were raised by 30 offices spread across the US. Managing resources and delivering these requests on time was a major challenge for the client
- Lack of centralized architecture and standardized processes across enterprise was challenging