V2’s product development team worked very closely with Client, right from creating prototype, product design, and development. This facilitated Client to focus on core activities of Sales, Marketing, and Promotions.
- Engagement kicked off with 4 weeks of onsite knowledge transfer (KT), gathering behavioral and functional requirements of the product
- A Central Repository of the list of businesses and services was created by pulling together and importing content from the identified web directories
- Search/Indexing: The ‘SOLR’ indexing engine was used to index and serve search results in real time
- Technical Architecture: The MVC architecture was followed to avoid any performance deterioration. Frameworks like Code Igniter and jQuery were used for consistent maintainable code.
- A space was provided for businesses to list their services and reach targeted customers with ease. Memcached was used to cache repeated searches and serve them instantly to the users, reducing search retrieval times
- The application searches multiple businesses to filter recommendations from the user’s social network (Facebook) in just 3 seconds
- Usage trends of various recommendations were tracked and recorded by providing reputation management services and analytics on website